Thursday, August 22, 2013

Walk and Walk and Talk the Talk.

Or be miserable. 

One of my goals in life is to be radiant joy. Not just possess it; be it.
To infuse every situation I encounter with life, and love and laughter. I want to search for the silver lining, see the glass half full (of chocolate milk, of course) and never cry over spilled milk. 
Life isn't always peachy though. A good attitude, a positive outlook on life- it does not just happen. You do not wake up one day and everything is just oh-la-la, this is fun and perfect. No. A good attitude is the result of a decision, and actions taken to accomplish said decision.
I am constantly repeating "attitude it a choice not a feeling". I say this to people in person, on my blog, and in my head. 

Practice what you preach, so easily forgotten by empty vessels.

I saw this statement this morning and I had to contemplate the validity of it in my own life. I don't want to simply know the truth in my heart and  in my head- I want to operate within the truth. I've done a less than stellar job this month of operating within what I know to be true. It's been a hectic, confusing month, but regardless of what life hands us- it our choice how we choose to handle each situation we encounter. 
Sometimes we need an attitude check-  I think I need one everyday.
Today I"m challenging myself to not just talk about having a good attitude, but to create one. 

Focus on the Good.
I promise you, not matter how rotten your life may seem, you can always find something that is good- something you can be grateful for. Yes, you may have a $75 tow bill for your vehicle, but hey, they printed it on pink paper, and pink is your favorite color. Find something to be grateful for and HANG ON to it. 

Be Consistent. 
Just because you did a good job staying positive about # 1, 2 and 3 that weren't exactly puppies and rainbows and doughnuts doesn't mean that you can let yourself off the hook with #4. When you allow even the insiest, tinsiest bit of negativity to take root in your heart or life it multiplies like teenagers at a Bieber concert. 

When in Doubt: do push ups. 
NO really, this isn't a mood booster, but if you're going to be grumpy, you might as well have a decent pair of guns. 

Be Still. 
"Be still and know that I am God." 
Psalms 46:10

How do you choose to reject negativity in your life? 
What changes do you notice in your life when you don't actively seek a good attitude? 

1 comment:

  1. I have had a challenging week/weekend, so I'm so happy I read this, it really spoke to me :) You are a beautiful writer.

    ReplyDelete