Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Running Rut.

2013 is off to incredibly rocky start in the running department! The minute I made the decision to begin training for the marathon, my running loves turned to running woes. My goodness- there have been no easy runs this year! I have been fighting tooth and nail to lace up and get in my miles.

I find this incredibly odd, because nothing makes me love running more than a goal does. A new distance, a new PR- once I set my sights, it's a cake walk. I'm super excited for this marathon and working towards this big goal and huge accomplishment in my life.


Ruts happen- some runs are bad runs. They hurt, they make us question ourselves, they throw our expectations and perspectives into a tail-spin. But our runs keep us going, give us hope, end the swirling craziness of life and keep our feet on the ground.   


I'm not giving up, and everyday I'm grateful for the opportunity to put one foot in front of the other and let such a small, simple experience like running completely and 100% change me and propel me forward in life.

Running Rut? What's your best tip to busting through the running blues?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the rut - it certainly happens to us all. I think my only way to have ever broken through is to KEEP trying. Every run is always hard..but keep trying, even if it's one mile a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog :) I think every runner can relate to this post whether or not they admit it! You can do it though, keep goin girl!

    ReplyDelete