Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fun with the little people.

Workout- 4 mile run (10.04 pace)
              20 min strength session

I have a couple extra days off this week, so I'm spending them with my sister and her family. I love spending time with my nephews and nieces. They grow so fast and I want to savor every moment of their lives!!

This morning when I woke up for my run it was just 28 degrees.....it was the hardest thing to do to crawl out of my warm bed and hit the sand highway, but it was worth it. 4 miles was a great way to start the day. It really warmed up beautifully- it was 63 when we took a walk mid-afternoon!


They say Kansas is flat...........Nebraska's definitely got one up on us!

The boys walked through a cornfield and collected ears of corn that the combine missed. They played dodge the corncob for a little while and their laughter was super contagious.

We found a hole.............

but after much inspection it was decided that it was just a harmless mouse hole. No foul, no bruise, let's keep going!! :) 

Marcus got a blister, so he got a piggy-back-ride on the way home.

Watch out! William's at the wheel! He was very excited to help push Sarah on the way home. His steering abilities aren't super awesome but who can blame the guy when the stroller is every bit as big as him! :)

One last day and I'm headed home tomorrow to work through the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I am loving your matching outfit!! I've been stuck on the treadmill lately because of the weather, so I'm jealous of your outside adventure!

    That last pic - AWWWW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for extra days off and double yay that u totally made them worth it!! u guys are way too cute, and i'll agree, ur matching running ensemble is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! Those guys are SO cute! Looks like you played a perfect tour guide :). My mom's side is from Nebraska, and she would agree...flat flat flat.
    28 is cooold, but not bad if there is no wind :) What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete