1. October is hands-down my absolutely favorite month!! One of the favorite things about where I live is the beautiful seasons we enjoy. The weather has been so perfect-- warm afternoons sandwiched between crisp, chilly evenings! Absolutely love it. I will never understand how people survive living in areas of the country that don't have fall weather. The only possible perk I can see would be that you avoid the social norm of ugg boots, but I've been told that people in warm-climate states wear them too, so really; there is no perk.
(That last sentence was not only ran on forever, but I also contradicted myself and proved my point wrong, essentially erasing any value that it had. Dude, have I got writing skills worth having!!)
2. This video broke my heart. WOW! I way feeling a little bit sorry for myself (read; having a major pity party) and I stumbled upon this. Attitude check!! These kids are heroes! Grab some tissues because you are going to need them!
3. My sister and I had a debate over breakfast this week that we need help solving. Is it or is it not normal to order oatmeal at a restaurant? Her claim was that oatmeal is something anyone can make at home, so it shouldn't even be offered at restaurants. Say what?!?! Please cast your vote so we can clear up our debate!!
4. I bought tickets this week for a trip out to see one of my best friends in Oregon! The trip is already shaping up to be amazing- I fly out there and then we'll be road-tripping back. I cannot wait!! The only thing that would make this trip better would be if I can find a race to run while I'm out there. (Oh, and free tickets would have been nice too.) Excuse me while I go stalk runningintheusa dot com.
5. I want to give a shout out to my friend Katie who is running the Chicago Marathon this weekend! Katie is an amazing runner- this is her 2nd marathon and she's run multiple 1/2s. I so wish I was in the windy city to
drag my carcass run alongside her! Please hop over to her blog and leave her some love and running well-wishes!
What's your favorite thing about where you live?
Have you ever run the Chicago Marathon?