......what a week!
Today I bring you every-other random thing floating through the mind of the Curly Pink Runner. You're welcome.
1. A week ago today I was packing like a mad woman before I headed north to join my team to Relay Iowa. Amazing experience. I'm working on my recap and I cannot wait to share it with you. If you're a runner; go find a relay to run. DOOOO it. Hello craziness.
2. I absolutely totally fell in love with this post on a new blog I'm following, Mile Posts. She perfectly described the thoughts that spun through my mind on every run I took when I first began running. I'd like to say I've embraced myself as a runner, but there are still days when my body's image gets in the way of my body's ability. Kicker- neither one define who I am. Hello love-your-body reminder.
3. I took 3 consecutive days of rest from all exercise post-relay. World record for me. You have to listen to your body, and my body said "rest". I came back feeling absolutely amazing- no soreness, no tightness, NO pain, but massively short on sleep and with just a touch of a head cold. Physically I was ready to go, but a time-out for some extra rest never hurt anyone, especially someone who is guilty of over-loading their 'active rest day' on a regular basis. Hello down time.
4. Yes, I've already set my next running goal. And it's a tough one. Hello progress.
5. ^^^ This girl is coming to visit me. Hello wonderful.
6. Am I the only one who puts an entire onions in their egg scramble. Hello Vitamin C powerhouse.
7. Daft Punk. enough said. Hello musical obsession.
8. "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:31 &32. Hello conviction.
Tell me something totally random from your day!