Thursday, March 7, 2013

When Life gives you lemons.....

 make lemonade.
 
throw them right back.
 
take them- we don't waste food.
 
make grape juice, then sit back while the world asks you how you did it.
 
Sometimes in life- you just get lemons. Proverbially, we're not supposed to let it get us down. Just make lemonade. But even after you've made the lemonade, sometimes you still have surplus lemons to deal with. Then it's time for Plan B.
 
 
It's been a crazy up and down the past few weeks and my marathon training came to a tumbling, screeching halt. As I discussed in this post, my marathon mojo has just been missing. Running in general has been extremely difficult for me and held very little joy or relief for me. It's been a struggle to get in even my short runs!! Instead of being my daily getaway and rest, it has been hanging over my head like a dark cloud.
 
I also have been having some unusual health issues that I have been ignoring for the past few months that I finally had to address. I would like to say that I was listening to my body and took the time to take care of it, but in actuality, I kept procrastinating thinking "oh, it's just today.....it will go away." It took a threat from a loving family member to take me to the ER to actually get me to schedule the appointment.
Because of this, I did take a 10 day break from training until I could get in to see the Doctor. I missed two long run (14 miles and 16 miles) which makes me really nervous as we approach the 6 week mark from my marathon.  
I finally saw the Doctor this week and didn't particularly make any definite progress during my appointment. We talked about a variety of different issues, ranging from minor to life-altering, but my symptoms are so varied and random it could be any number of things. I have some additional testing and adjustments to make now in order to try and pin-point what I may be experiencing.
I did get clearance from the Doctor to continue running and he said he saw no reason to scale back on my marathon training. Three cheers!! This girl doesn't want to give up!! That being said, I am going to continue to train smart and I'd rather be healthy and take proper care of my body for the long run (pun intended!)! There will always be marathons to run, but proper care of my body takes priority.
 
While the past few weeks have been tough, I cannot complain. I have SOO much to be thankful for. Never, never underestimate the power of gratitude. It is life changing!!
 
Here are a few things that are topping my gratitude chart this week;
 
1. Protein Pancakes. (for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but not all the same day.)
 
2. Olly Murs. (every stinkin' song!!)
 
3. My valentine's flowers are STILL alive and beautiful.
 
4. New shoes (reviews coming soon!!)
 
5. Hugs from little brothers.
 
6. Pink sunsets over snow-covered fields.
 
7. "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, not depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Romans 8:35, 38 & 39
 
What are you grateful for today?!? I wanna know!
 

3 comments:

  1. Hope they figure out what's wrong with you. Kinda makes running seem not as important when something more important is happening. You really have a great attitude though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, ihope your health issues are resolved soon. Thinking of you. Love your attitude.

    Yayy to new shoes and vday flowers still alive - that's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for a good report for you from the dr's!
    I've never heard of Olly Murs. Will have to look him (or her? Or them?) up!

    ReplyDelete