Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My last run of 2012.

I ended my year the only way I know now how to have a good time- running!! :)
Last week I was reveiwing my running stats and realized that I was closing in on 600 miles for the year of 2012! I decided to make sure I hit that number- it's a big one and I'm proud of it!!
I worked a midnight shift, so when my shift ended, I laced up and hit the track. I was tired and definitely wanted to just go home and bury myself in bed, but I made myself get my push on and get in my final miles! I did a killer leg workout yesterday so my legs were soretired, dead ;I don't even have a word for it.  I had to fight for every mile! I was sorely tempted to call it quits at mile 3 and 4, but I pushed on to #6!!
600 miles in 2012!!!

new running leggings......super warm.

frozen face.

It was a slow run because the track had multiple places where it was snow-covered and pretty slippery!
Ironically enough, my run today was one of the toughest runs of my year. It wasn't a good run, but it reminded me again of how amazing running is- it's these bad runs that make the good runs good!

2012 has been a big year for my little legs-- I began the year unable to run even 1/2 mile without stopping. This morning I was 6 miles on the day before breakfast. 600 miles has made me a better me, because I chose to become the person that I want to be.
Running has taught me so much and I'm grateful for the good, the bad and the ugly of this fabulous sport.
Here's to 2013 and many happy, healthy running adventures!!

1 comment:

  1. 600 miles - amaaaazing, congrats!! Here's to an even better 2013! Continued success, love and health to you!

    ReplyDelete