Friday, January 31, 2014

Five Things Friday.


1. Pompeii. on repeat. while running. while driving. while showering. while working. while lifting. while thinking. song of the week by far. 

2. I've been having a miserable time sleeping through the night lately because my stomach wakes me up at 0130 fully expecting a 5 or 6 course meal. Growls can be heard across the county, I am sure. So far the only night I slept without waking to eat was the night I got cozy with some peanut butter directly before going to bed. Eating more peanut butter in order to sleep better............geeesh the sacrifices I must make in life. 

3. Confession; I seldom allow others to do nice things for me because I'm too proud and prefer to be ridiculously independent. This is not the best quality to have, and I have to remind myself to be humble (or actually, just NORMAL) and accept help from other people. This week the cold sucked the life out of my car battery and I was 'forced' into taking help from a friend to bring it back to life. My coworker who came to my rescue was tickled beyond tickled to help. "girl, helping others makes my day 100x better". I am surrounded by the best and most thoughtful people on the planet, how often do I stunt my personal growth and their joy by running my own show? I myself love to give to others and truly there is just as much beauty in receiving.
4. Being an aunt never gets old. Nothing better than my weekly cuddle fest with these darlings. gah. 

5. If you haven't already read it, there is an exceptional article on Huff post about questions we ask that kill our relationships. A quick, thought-provoking read that is 100% spot on. Poignant, insightful and totally worth your time. GO READ IT! 

What's your song of the week??

When was the last time someone did something thoughtful for you?

4 comments:

  1. Peanut butter cures all, I have decided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah to that song! I LOVEEE IT so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT SONG. YES. YES. YES. Their entire album is fantastic..."Things We Lost In The Fire" is my fave besides Pompeii.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song!! I used to struggle waking up in the middle of the night to eat but then I just started having massive dinners = problem solved!

    ReplyDelete