Sunday, May 19, 2013

Arizona 2013- Day 2!

(Read about Day 1 here.)

Saturday morning I was up early and Tabitha & I went for a long walk through the neighborhood. It was a beautiful morning! We also explored the desert outside of the housing development, but we didn't get too adventurous  let's not get lost and die on our first full day.

 
 

It was so good to have special time with my sister-- I am always so grateful that no matter how long it has been since we saw each other last, we always pick up exactly where we left off. We know each other better then we know ourselves. I am immeasurably grateful for her friendship! 

The rest of the morning was spent in preparation for a baby shower that they held for Adam's sister. She's expecting a girl in July. Lots of cooking (tasting) and decorating and laughing together. Many hands make light work and everything came together really well. 

Noah is an amazing chef and he prepared the food for the shower. The dark chocolate truffles were unbelievable  So, so good! 

Diaper the baby race! (I may or may not have been very handily beaten by my younger sister!) 

Noah & I! When we were little kids we used to pretend that we were twins. It's funny to remember the days when we would fight over who was taller (because I had him by 1/4 or 1/2 an inch for several years) and now he's exactly a foot taller than I am! 

Tabitha, Noah, Patrick, Adam & I.

After the baby shower we headed out to run the Night Run 8k, held in Old town Scottsdale.
Recap of that race coming up!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment