Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My name is Random.

I'm out of town for work this week which means a different daily schedule and new places to run!! That makes me especially happy! I also drive right by a Starbucks on my way to work this week, so super-win!!


Paneras really nails their salads and I'm particularly happy with the roasted turkey harvest salad!! I NEVER get dressing on my salads because I'm super picky and never like dressing, but their cherry vinagarette is stellar! Try it!

When I got done with work I had just enough day light to get in a quick run. I decided to try for 3 miles and see how I felt. I ran 3 slow miles last week and ran/walked two on Monday, but just have NOT been feeling it this week. I knew I would not regret taking time to run tonight, even if I didn't feel like it.

This was literally my face the entire run- a huge silly grin! It was heaven!! Yay for good runs! I felt amazing and decided to go for 5 miles because I felt like a million bucks. It was cold, but invigorating.
On the left are the stats from my run tonight, and on the right are my stats from my run a month ago. I've improved my pace by nearly a minute! I'm super excited to be seeing faster times and stronger miles- I never knew I had it in me, but I intend to get faster!! It's exciting to look back and see improvement-- slow but steady!


I ran an unfamiliar route and several of the houses on the route had dogs. One of them ran out in the road and nipped at my heels. I was freaked out and just tried to get away as fast as I could. I didn't even notice till I was finished but he actually drew blood. My legs must have been too cold to feel it when it happened.

When I got back I was hungry. I had a vegetable stirfry with shrimp and a blueberry chobani for something sweet. I've been feeling dehydrated this week so I'm amping up my water intake and trying to get in some tea once or twice a day. I LOVE iced tea but can't make myself drink hot tea. It just tastes like nothing to me.  
 
 Tomorrow is my last day before I head back home from this job. I have a hair appointment in the morning before work............still trying to decide what I want to tell her to do with my shaggy mane. I've been flirting with the idea of chopping off some serious length and getting some layers......but I'm just scared- my curly hair is never predictable. It is hat season, so if it's horrible I can just hide underneath a hat for the next 3 months. :)

3 comments:

  1. What a great run!
    I am TERRIFIED of dogs - that is so scary what happened!

    Hmmm, I love hearing about hair appointments. Dooo it, chop it off and lots of layers! You'll look fantastic regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun and motivating to see how your runs improve over time! And every time I seem to be in a slump of bad runs, my body pulls through for a great run right when I need it most and puts me back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady!

    Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on my post.
    I agree with everything you said, especially that we need to love and accept ourselves as the way that we've been made.

    Also, congrats on the 50pounds! That's a heck of an accomplishment.
    Lastly, I was just stuck and couldn't stop thinking about those comments said to you about running. I have no words for such rude disrespect. Shake them off (which I'm sure you're doing!) and continuing doing what you're doing..because you're an inspiration to others!

    ReplyDelete