Friday, February 21, 2014

Five Things Friday.

1. Today I had a 25 minute conversation with a car salesman............about the superbowl and the best teams in the NFL. Football talk makes me happy, and he stopped pressuring me to buy the car. Touchdown. 

2. If you follow me on INSTAGRAM, you see a revolting number of selfies quite a few photos of my protein pancakes. What goes un-pictured are the 4 baby pancakes I make at the very beginning. I'd like to pretend that this is to prime the pan, but no........it's because I cannot wait until ALL the pancakes are cooked, topped and photographed to start eating them. Girl has zero patience when food is in the picture. So my baby pancakes hold me over. And now you know, the REST of the story.

3. I had originally planned to run a 1/2 marathon in Arizona last weekend. There were a couple different  factors involved that resulted in post-poning the trip and consequently not racing. While I was disappointed, I'm already planning on some races later this spring, and consider myself to have simply gotten a great head start training for them.

"Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." -Rudyard Kipling
4.  I got serious about facing my fears this week when I said yes to two situations that make my comfort zone a mere memory. I have yet to see the results of my second yes, but the positive results from the first yes have thrilled me and made me braver.

5. love, love, love my pink hat to keep my ears toasty while I run. not so much love for my hat hair.

What do you do to overcome your fears in life?

What was the most exciting thing you ate today?

2 comments:

  1. Love the hat, and I'm glad facing your fear has brought you positive results!

    ReplyDelete